Elle Evans (born Lindsey Gayle Evans; December 9, 1989) is an American model and actress who lives and works in Los Angeles, California. She is most notable for her appearance in Robin Thicke's music video "Blurred Lines" featuring Pharrell Williams. She is also one of the faces of NYX Cosmetics.
Evans was born on December 9, 1989 in Paris, Texas, and grew up in Blanchard, Louisiana. She studied at Northwood High School and attended Northwestern State University, where she majored in broadcast journalism.
Evans is a former pageant titleholder who held the Miss Louisiana Teen USA 2008. Evans also competed in the Miss Teen USA 2008 pageant, where she was third runner-up. However, she was stripped of her state title after eleven months following her arrest over an incident in a restaurant, where marijuana was found in her purse, and she and three friends were accused of not paying their bill. Immediately after the much publicized arrest, Evans was asked to pose as a centerfold for Playboy. At the age of 19, she became Playboy Playmate of the Month for October 2009 under her full, legal name, Lindsey Gayle Evans. Her pictorial was photographed by Stephen Wayda.
In 2010, Evans was cast by MMG in her first commercial. It was shot in China, and she appeared in it styled to look like Marilyn Monroe. The commercial aired all throughout Shanghai.
Evans is represented by Wilhelmina Models as well as Elite Model Management in Miami, Florida, in addition to Rogers and Cowan. In 2013 she appeared bare-breasted in Robin Thicke's music video for his single "Blurred Lines" featuring Pharrell Williams. The music video generated over 200 million views and made the "Texas-born model part of a pop culture phenomenon." Shortly after that, Evans was cast in two of Beyoncé's music videos: "Haunted" and "Superpower". Both videos were directed by Jonas Akerlund in 2013.
Evans is one of the faces of NYX Cosmetics, appeared in Kmart's 2013 national ad campaign "Money Can't Buy Style", was featured in Relapse Magazine's 2013 and 2014 Photo Annual Issue, and starred in an AXE Apollo Cologne commercial that aired during the 2013 MTV Movie Awards.
Evans has also modeled for Samuel Bayer. She was shot fully nude, along with 15 other models, for Bayer's exhibition "Diptychs & Triptychs". The black-and-white series of 6-foot-tall diptychs and 12-foot-tall triptychs was "to capture beauty in its most vulnerable state", and was on view at the ACE Gallery in Beverly Hills from March 2013 to April 2013.
In 2014, Evans guest starred in an episode of Two and a Half Men. She played a character named Cheyenne and the episode aired on February 6, 2014. Also in February, she landed the cover of FHM France. Then in September she was featured in an issue of Maxim for their "Golden Girl" spread celebrating the 50th anniversary of the film Goldfinger, where she was painted gold from head to toe.
That same year, Evans was cast in a Wet 'n Wild cosmetics commercial shot by director David La Chapelle titled "Steal the Look", in addition to landing two national ads for Mary Kay Cosmetics which aired during the premiere of the thirteenth season of Project Runway on Lifetime in November 2014.
In 2015 Evans appeared in another music video, this time for the band Muse and their single, "Mercy". The video was directed by Sing J Lee and was released in June.
In September 2015 Evans was cast in a Carl's Jr. commercial for their new, "Tex Mex Bacon-Thickburger." Donning a patriotic bikini to represent the ladies of Team U.S.A., Evans faces off in a volleyball game against model Alejandra Guilmant and Team Mexico to determine if the burger is "More Tex, or more Mex." The commercial, aired on September 28.
Shortly after that, Evans appeared as Amber in the film Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse (2015) directed by Christopher Landon, and as Star in the horror-thriller film The Love Witch directed by Anna Biller.
As of February 2015, Evans is dating lead singer of the band Muse, Matt Bellamy. In December 2017, they announced their engagement.
- ^ a b c d e f "Playmate listing". Wekinglypigs.com. Retrieved November 8, 2009.
- ^ "Welcome". Modaandestilo.co. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- ^ "Elle Evans for NYX Cosmetics". WhoSay.com. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- ^ "Adventures in Styling - NYX Cosmetics, Model Elle Evans". LaurenMessiah.com. June 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- ^ "LINDSEY GAYLE EVANS". Playboy. Retrieved 26 October 2015.
- ^ Netherton, Stephanie (13 November 2007). "Blanchard's Lindsey Evans wins Miss Louisiana Teen USA title". Shreveporttimes. Retrieved 26 October 2015. [permanent dead link]
- ^ a b Vidya Rao, with reporting from the Associated Press (22 October 2008). "Miss Louisiana Teen USA loses crown after pot bust". TODAY.com. Retrieved 26 October 2015.
- ^ "Riverboat Queen". 56 (9). Playboy. October 2009: 72–82.
- ^ "Blurred Lines Video Star Elle Evans Interview". Fashion Gone Rogue. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ "Elle Evans From 'Blurred Lines' Is Summer's Hottest Blonde". TheImproper.com. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ "Wilhelmina Models - Model and Talent Management Agency - New York, Los Angeles, Miami and London". Wilhelmina.com. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- ^ "Robin Thicke Blurred Lines Model Elle Evans Interview". Lifestyle Mirror. Archived from the original on 6 November 2014. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ "Elle Evans' photo "#11top11of2013 #ElleEvans in @Beyonce #musicvideo #HAUNTED #directed by #legendary #JonasAkerlund …" on WhoSay". whosay.com. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ Jeff Rosenthal (16 December 2013). "Jonas Åkerlund on 'Haunted' and 'Superpower' -- Vulture". Vulture. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ "Elle Evans". BlogTalkRadio. 7 January 2014. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ Relapse Magazine. "ISSUU - The Photo Annual - January 2013 by Relapse Magazine". Issuu. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ "Elle Oh Elle!". URBAN LUX MAGAZINE - STYLE - CULTURE - COMMUNITY. Archived from the original on 4 January 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ Tess Eyrich. "Director Samuel Bayer Debuts Photography Exhibition at L.A. Gallery". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ "Listings - TWO AND A HALF MEN on CBS - TheFutonCritic.com". thefutoncritic.com. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ m. "The James Bond 007 Dossier". The 007 Dossier. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ "Wet N Wild Commercial (2014)". popisms.com. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ "Mary Kay TV Commercial, 'Brand Color' Song by Kimbra". iSpot.tv. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- ^ "Muse release official 'Mercy' music video starring Elle Evans". Axs.com. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- ^ "Hot and Juicy! Elle Evans Suits Up for Sexy Carl's Jr. Burger Game: Pic". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- ^ "Watch Bikini Models Play Volleyball Over a Cheeseburger (There's a Slo-Mo Butt Slap)". People.com. 25 September 2015. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- ^ ""Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" Teasers — Horror Action-Comedy starring Tye Sheridan, Joey Morgan and Logan Miller". Themoviebox.net. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- ^ "The Love Witch (2016)". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- ^ Adams, William (October 29, 2016). "Muse frontman Matt Bellamy, 38, and his statuesque model girlfriend Elle Evans, 26, put on a terrifying display as leather-clad zombies as they attend his ex Kate Hudson's Halloween party". Daily Mail. Associated Newspapers Ltd. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- ^ Fisher, Kendall (December 24, 2017). "Matthew Bellamy Is Engaged to Model Elle Evans". E!. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- ^ Peters, Mitchell (December 24, 2017). "Muse's Matthew Bellamy and Model Elle Evans Get Engaged". Billboard. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- "Elle Evans Model, Actress and 'IT' Girl in Hit Music Video 'Blurred Lines'", diamonds.net, Rapaport Magazine, Retrieved January 2014
- Ones to Watch - Rebel Issue - Elle Evans: Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines,XEX Mag. January 2014 Issue, Retrieved 2014
- Celebrity Beauty Secrets: 'Blurred Lines' Video Vixen, Elle Evans, BeautyWorldNews.com, November 2013, Retrieved January 2014
- Elle Evans - Blurred Lines - Interview, Starry Constellation Magazine, 2013, Retrieved January 2014
- ‘Blurred Lines’ Vixen Going Places, Miami Herald, October 2013, Retrieved January 2014
- Exclusive ITW: Elle Evans of Blurred Lines: A Conversation We Needed to Have, Her Report, October 2013, Retrieved February 2014