J.D., University of Michigan (2002), Editor, Michigan Law Review
M.Ed., University of Georgia (1996)
B.A., Emory University (1993)
Admitted to practice:
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Chandra C. Davis is a co-founding partner of ELS and has been practicing employment law for over 14 years. She has extensive experience as a management side lawyer and as a Trial Attorney for the EEOC. At the EEOC, Ms. Davis served as first chair in over 25 litigation matters on behalf of the Commission and managed investigative files for over 250 Charges for the purpose of recommending the initiation of litigation in connection with various civil actions. Chandra is an effective negotiator, mediator, labor and employment law advisor, trainer and litigator. She is registered with the Georgia Commission on Dispute Resolution and has mediated a variety of employment matters at the Agency and litigation stages. Chandra has developed training programs for the EEOC and multi-national corporations.
Before joining the EEOC, Ms. Davis practiced law at McGuireWoods, where she handled employment matters on behalf of Fortune 500 companies, including all aspects of federal litigation, extensive work drafting position statements in response to EEOC Charges, completing internal investigations, and developing a 200-page ethics and compliance internal investigation manual and training for an international client with more than 40,000 employees. These unique experiences have also helped Ms. Davis as an effective mediator, able to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses in cases and determine the potential value of a case.
Ms. Davis served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roger L. Gregory, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Honorable Vanessa D. Gilmore, United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Ms. Davis earned her law degree from the University of Michigan Law School where she served as an editor of the Michigan Law Review.
- Successfully obtained dismissals in a national origin, document abuse and retaliation case for a healthcare provider from two (2) Agencies (DOJ and EEOC), federal district court and in front of the United States Department of Justice Office of the Chief Administrative Hearing Officer (OCAHO).
- Successfully obtained dismissals for a nationally renowned hospital in a retaliation case, an international office supplier in a race and age case, and an international pharmaceutical company in a race case.
- Successfully defended a case in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals for a nationally renowned hospital.
- Successfully obtained favorable jury trial verdict in a retaliation case against a restaurant.
- Successfully settled a matter for a national food service company saving the client over million.
- Successfully litigated a disability accommodation case in federal court, defeating motions for sanctions and dismissal.
- Created a 200 page ethics and compliance internal investigation manual and a 2 day training workshop for a billion global manufacturing company with more than 40,000 employees.
- Age Discrimination
- Race discrimination
- American with Disabilities Act
- Sexual Harassment
- Employment Contracts
- Creating A Positive & Respectful Workplace
- ADA Guide: Employee Misconduct Based on a Mental Disability
- Access to Higher Education for Undocumented Students and Other Employment Issues in Higher Education
- The Intersection of FMLA, ADA, and Workers’ Compensation
- Avoiding the EEOC
- EEOC Overview: Practice and Procedure
- Conducting Effective Internal Investigations
- EEO Managers: Awareness & Compliance
- Sexual Harassment Prevention & Correction
- Gender Stereotyping
Professional and Community Involvement
- Leadership Institute For Women of Color Attorneys In Law & Business (“LIWOCA”), Board & Annual Conference Planning Committee
- LIWOCA, Pipeline Project, Mentor and Instructor
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys, Member
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers, Member
- State Bar of Georgia (Labor & Employment Section)
- Georgia Super Lawyer, “Rising Star” (2014)